In 2018, St Jude’s began specialist Visual Arts classes for Pre-primary to Year 6.
The Arts have the capacity to engage, inspire and enrich all students, exciting the imagination and encouraging them to reach their creative and expressive potential. The term ‘creativity’ plays a critical role in all arts subjects.
- Our Pre Primary students will experiment with collage using recycled and man-made materials as well as natural elements.
- The Year 1’s and 2’s will work together to make one large collage creature full of bright coloured patterns.
- In Year 3 and 4, students will Investigate symmetry and reflection in artworks. They will use recycled materials to make masks using different textures
- The Year 5’s will use collage techniques to create and design a house that has elements of colonial style exploring different textures. They will investigate how the artist uses symbolic meaning and the role of artists and designers in our community.
- Our Year 6’s will have the opportunity to explore artworks from different social, cultural and historical contexts. They will create artworks that communicate ideas, beliefs, opinions or viewpoints.