Friends of St Jude’s
The Friends of St Jude’s is a group of enthusiastic and committed parents who play an active role in the School’s fundraising activities and events. This important initiative provides a wonderful opportunity for parents to get involved in their child’s school, planning activities and events that support the school community and raise funds for the School.
We encourage all parents to consider coming along to the monthly meetings where they will have the opportunity to learn about funding and educational issues, interact socially with other parents and get to know some of the staff. Meetings are advertised regularly through our Newsletter. All parents, both new and current, are most welcome to attend.
What do we do?
We have many goals and responsibilities, but most importantly, we aim to help build a strong community for the children and families at St Jude’s Catholic Primary School. Listed below are some of the main objectives the Committee strives toward. These activities may or may not raise funds for the School.
- Be a conduit through which parents and teachers can build good partnerships to benefit the students.
- Provide additional resources to improve resources and facilities.
- Strengthen all aspects of family life in the school community.
- Plan, promote and organise events and activities associated with the social, cultural and educational life of the School’s community.
- Work to create a sense of community within the School.
- Encourage and support a high level of social and educational interaction between home, school, parents and teachers.
- Encourage fuller participation by parents in the educational experience of their children.
We are actively seeking a parent to help out as TREASURER for the year – please see the school office for more details.